Thursday, July 22, 2010

Norway , "The Land of the Midnight Sun"

As many of you know, Dan and I went to Norway this past June. I still don't have all the pictures edited, labeled, filed in iphoto, let alone have the scrapbook started. A friend mentioned just today of being tired of seeing "the fence" pictures in the last posting, so I thought I had better get to it. So, I guess I will begin a series on Norway.

Our trip began June 13 when we flew with our friends Pat and Carol from SD to Philly and from there to Heathrow, UK. Carol is a travel agent and she and her husband have asked us to go on trips for years, but alas as a teacher, my window of opportunity was limited. So finally this year we could say, " yes." After 13 hours in an economy class seat our tushes were sore and with all the excitement, we slept very little. Once in England we took a nice motor coach to Southhampton~ about 2 hours away with traffic to the Queen Mary 2 Cruise Terminal. I remember thinking, "Oh, goody, more time to sit," but the lull of the coach put me right to sleep. Boarding the QM2 was smooth and efficient, unlike other experience we have had when boarding ships.

This picture is actually at our first stop in Stavanger, Norway. You see Dan dwarfed by the QM2. This is a HUGE ship and very elegant. VERY British, from the service, food, decor, shows, etc. Next in the series will be more on Stavanger.

No comments:

Post a Comment