Monday, January 10, 2011

Straight Hair for a Bertsch?

I grew up a Bertsch girl. All three of us sisters had curly, wavy, thick hair. Mom had curly thick hair and so did dad, so we came by it honestly. Back in the day it was most unfashionable and there were no hair "products" available to tame the mane. There was no such thing as a blow dryer or a round brush. If you wanted straight hair you wound it around orange juice cans or if long enough you just put it on the ironing board and ironed it! And frizz...well let's say humidity was not my friend :) They finally came out with something called "Dep" that was a green jelly that you but on your bangs and then taped them down on your forehead until it dried. UGH!

Today, getting manageable hair requires time, time, time. And when I'm done straightening it and making it presentable, I'm dripping in sweat. So much for the shower I just took!

So, I took matters into my own hands-well the hands of a beautician. I
straightened my hair with what they call a "Brazilian Blowout." I have no idea where the name came from, but it sure makes your hair soft. So now I have dirt strait hair! I cut it a bit too as I continue to grow out my bangs. This is me in the car leaving the shop. I have NEVER had straight, flat hair. Odd. We'll see how I like it as time goes on, but for tonight, it is great.

1 comment: