Friday, December 30, 2011

The Aftermath

The guests are gone, gifts are stacked and ready to be put away, and there is "stuff" everywhere. From scraps of wrapping paper, dried out pine needles, remnants of shredded Danny dog toys to empty wine bottles and left over Christmas cookies. Where is the clean-up fairy when you need her? I'd even take a "him" clean-up fairy!!

So today I started my morning off with a 1.5 hour massage and then steeled myself to the task of breaking down the holiday tree and decorations and trying to make some sort of organization to all the chaos. I have had to juggle this with the mounds of laundry, the occasional phone call, and of course, stopping to write in this blog!

But it will be done today, as I can no longer live like this. I couldn't cook a meal or find a place to sit and eat because of the mess. Last night, after the funeral for Bud, everyone came back to our house for home movies and snacks...Those of you who know my living room size, try envisioning 10 people with food and drinks huddled around our TV!

Despite my whining, I wouldn't have it any other way. I love having family around and I do have a GREAT family.

Hope you all had a great holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment