Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother of the Groom - Dress Shopping

Shopping for a dress for Jay and Heidi's wedding has been weighing on my mind. It is sort of like bathing suit shopping...nothing looks right, the color is wrong, and they are sleeveless. It is almost as bad as jean's shopping. Too baggy, too tight, muffin top shows...you know the list. UGH!

The colors they have chosen are navy blue and magenta accents. It is a stunning look. So, I went up to see my sisters and we had some girl shopping time. You know, different clothing/vendor buyers and the moral support made it seem like I might just get lucky and find something. And I did!

Beth and I were on our way to a bridal type shop and we had to stop in at Macy's for something else, when Beth said, "You never know, your dress might just be here." So up to social dresses we went and I did indeed find a great blue dress. I just loved it...but on the way to the register I spied a gray beaded dress that I really liked. Back to the dressing room we went and tried them on. I chose the gray and I really like it. I can use it on our cruise vacations as well as the wedding. Also, the gray will not conflict with anything Heidi's mom will choose because I think she is trying to get something in navy.

On the way out the door I found some "perfect" gray shoes, so I am done! As Jay says, "Everything is done for the wedding." Actually we still need to plan a rehearsal dinner, but I think we are going to shoot for something easy at a restaurant like Pat and Oscars rather than a big sit-down dinner affair. The wedding party will be about 30 people by the time we include spouses. Less than 3 months to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment