Friday, June 10, 2011

The Hat

Yes, the "hat" was bought at Nordstrom's at a cost no person should pay for a hat, but dang, it is so cute! So why by a 50 SPF sun hat - cute or otherwise? Well, the curse of white skin is upon me. A week ago I had 5 pre-cancer spots burned from the back of my hand, one early cancer spot from a finger and another from my lip. Lastly, the dermatologist biopsied a spot from my cheek. The news is all good in that the suspected squamis cells on my cheek were not cancerous after all. My hand looks like %^&*, but will heal. The bottom line is-sunscreen and a hat at all times. It seems as if I just went through this a few months ago, but this time was the worst.

And of course this is just before the wedding and our vacation. So, I bought a hat. I look awful in hats-especially ball caps. So of course, where do I find a hat that looks okay? An expensive store! I will not reveal the outrageous price tag, but I AM trying to rationalize it as a medical expense in my head on my head. LOL. My sister, Beth, called me and asks if I wanted to borrow her $20 SPF 50 hat? What a twit!!

So we are leaving for the historic sites of America on Tuesday and I will take the hat. I had better not forget it somewhere or have it blown off the ship as we sail up to Canada. The picture was taken at La Jolla Shores at a wedding for one of Dan's employees. Doesn't he dress up nicely?? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment