Monday, February 27, 2012

Adventurous Eater I Am NOT

As you know, I am not an adventurous eater. I was very skeptical about going on this trip for many reasons, food being one of them. Thai and Vietnamese foods top my list of most disgusting foods served followed closely by Greek cuisine. It is not so much the actual food, but the spices used and method of preparation. Anyway, Singapore was an easy spot to get great Asian foods.

Right outside the Hop-on Hop-off bus station was a type of food court that served a bounty of luscious foods. Pat, Carol, Dan and I decided on a Japanese type menu for lunch and started with these wonderful Dim Sum dumplings. We had shrimp as it was a "known" food. Oh my goodness! The best ever. We then had tray after tray of sushi that melted in your mouth. Cost wise it was comparable to the US, but as you know, eating sushi adds up as you graze on food and more just keeps on coming. This was a rather high lunch tab, but SO WORTH it as it was one of my favorite Singapore meals. So far this trip is costing more than expected, but what can you do after you are already there?

No comments:

Post a Comment