Saturday, February 25, 2012

Travel and the iPad

I recently got a new iPad2, giving Dan my original iPad. The purpose of this was so that we could get the G3 model and take it when we travel rather than lugging the laptop. This was the inauguration trip and I learned a few things that will help with future travel.
  1. It is super light weight and you don't have to pull it out in the airport security line.
  2. It is great to turn the G3 on for 30 days/2GB at a time and you can disable it every time you are around free WiFi, thus saving on the data. Otherwise you leave it in the WiFi mode and it's free.
  3. We set up a special email account so we only had to check a few emails, thus cutting down on time that the cruise ship charged
  4. Great way to back up pictures
  5. Games are fun on a bigger screen than the phone
  6. Reading books 
The negative I have learned is that the blogger program in the newer interactive version isn't supported by the iPad device, so I didn't think the message I wrote worked at all. Now I know it does. It just won't do pictures or an interactive things. I will have to go in an insert pictures at a later time.

NowI will be ready for the next adventure...which will be sooner than you think! We are taking an extended family get-away vacation to the river in Bull Head City and then to the Grand Canyon the end of March! Just a 5 day excursion with Margey, Tom, Beth, Heidi, Jay, me, and Dan and hopefully Joey. What a hoot.

So between now and then I will share highlights of the Far East.

No comments:

Post a Comment