Saturday, April 24, 2010

Hide-A-Way Beach @ Princeville



This place is amazing! If you hadn't been told about it by a local, you could not find it. It is well back off the main road and drops several hundred feet to the beach below. I would like to have taken pictures on the way down, but there was NO WAY I was letting go of the rope that was used to act as a "rail" to guide you down. The trail...not sure you should really call it that, was a red dirt path that wound around trees and rocks. Keep in mind it POURED yesterday and this morning so it was not a dirt path...it is a muddy slip and slide just called a path! I went with Jay and Brian and I was told that I could not even think about taking out my camera or putting anything in my hands as we hiked down. It really was scary-definitelly an E ticket ride! Near the bottom it leveled out some and the dense foliage kept the ground from turning into a mud slide, so I could get a few pictures. Yes, that is Jay already down to the beach. Brian got some great pictures and gave me a few tips. This place was amazing. Later that night and the next day my quads screamed in pain. Clearly not enough squats and step-ups at the Y prior to this trip!

After trekking out of the beach, we began the long walk back home and stopped to take some pictures along the roadside. Thankfully, Dan showed up in the now disgustingly dirty van, to take us back the rest of the way. Aloha

No comments:

Post a Comment