Friday, September 25, 2009

The Boys!

I thought you might like to see "The Boys" as I call them. Danny and Auggie spend a great deal of time in the same location (i.e. the office, our home, in bed, on walks) but they aren't really together. Danny has this thing about licking faces. He licks every dog's face he comes in contact with. The bigger the dog the more excited he is to play and "lick faces." I have no idea what that is about, do you? Auggie just hates it, but at least he doesn't run away any longer. He just tolerates the young'un. When Auggie sees another dog, he quietly moves away and ignores. Actually he is a snob...he is sure he is NOT a DOG. HE just wanders away. At puppy socialization class some 14 years ago, he did the same thing. He would ignored the other puppies to go sniff out the environment. Hard to believe he graduated, but he did. I even have his Graduation Certificate! Makes you wonder how hard it is to graduate from Puppy School.

Here they are in the dining room. Auggie is resting and looking at me as if to say, "Could ya make this pest go away?" Danny of the other hand is ready to romp and play. The thing is, Auggie used to run around the house like a mad dog and could entertain himself for hours. Why is it that with age comes a tinge of crankiness? It appears that this is not just a human trait...

Right now, Danny has left to go help his master "clean house." That ought to be a sight to see. He gets toys out faster than you can put them in the basket! Auggie is SAFE at last and has found a delightful spot to rest in. Our family lovingly calls this "Sunshine Dog." Then there is "Pillow Dog." Basically any position you can rest in is fine with the Aug-man as long as Danny doesn't share the space or touch him.


Just looking at him is making me tired. I've been at the computer working for 6 hours now, so I think I deserve to lay down with my novel and then of course, fall asleep. As soon as he arouses and notices that I am not at the table any longer he will search me out and come curl up. That is when he becomes "Kitty Dog." What a life we retired folks lead!
Take time to share your favorite pet stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment