Monday, September 14, 2009

Sorry, I Can't Come In Today

My friend called me to substitute for her class today. I was honored! I almost said yes when I remembered that I was going with a group of gals to see the beautiful San Diego Harbor via boat. Hmmm...hard choice: teach a group of 1st graders vs. be out in the harbor for 2 hours. Believe it or not, it was a tough choice, but the morning off to sea did win out.

The water was calm and deep blue, the air was crisp, yet not chilly, and the sun was shining gloriously. Laughter was abound. This was my first time to meet up with these "retired" ladies on their monthly excursions in and around San Diego County. What a diverse and great group of women. They were all from my church, but several of them I did not know. Meeting new friends is an added bonus to retirement that I had not thought about.

Maybe I will get a call to substitute for tomorrow or maybe I will just sleep in.

Regards!

No comments:

Post a Comment