Wednesday, September 23, 2009

A Broken Nail

As you know, working out is not something I do eagerly, but off I went this morning to the Y for my regular training session. I greeted the trainer with a smile and said, "So sorry, but I need to end our training session 5 minutes early today because I have a nail appointment." (I really had to go..I got the green stuff under my acrylic nail!). As you can imagine, the trainer wasn't impressed...we did lunges and these horrible sit-up things. Don't think it was punishment, it was just another part of the "non running day" routine.

One of the great things about retirement is that you can get your nails done whenever you like. But if your manicurist is leaving on vacation, you just have to go when you can get in. So you weigh the situation Nails or Exercise. Hard choice, but being a good sport, I tried to work in both. Just so you won't worry, the nails look great, the "green" has been treated and I got in a 55 minute workout! In my book that was a successful juggling of time.

While at the Y, I ran into another retired educator (actually one of the higher-ups) who I knew and worked with. We traded quick stories and he asked if the district had asked me back to do any work for them yet? LOL! Of course they have! And I love it!! You know, work on the projects you feel passionate about, work your own hours, and show up when it fits into your travel schedule. I loved my teaching work, so as far as I am concerned, this retirement thing is having your cake and eating it too. I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment