Thursday, September 10, 2009

The Golden Handshake


Hi,

My name is Katie, and I was a teacher for 18 years... I recently retired thanks to the "Golden Handshake". If you are unfamiliar with the "Golden Handshake", the San Diego City School District decided it would be cheaper to pay people to retire early and hire cheaper teachers.

So, now that I have accepted my handshake, I have nothing to do!!!!!

The first thing that came to mind was to start a blog so that all the folks in internetland can read about my exciting adventures... doing nothing.

I have 1 kid who I STILL support, one that is married and lives way too far away, and an old deaf wiener dog who likes my neighbor more than he likes me. I have a loving husband who takes "mental naps" most of the day, perhaps that is because he is sick of hearing me nag for 33 years.

So check back frequently as I have plenty of time to sit at a computer and write about my adventures in retirement.

3 comments:

  1. Whoohoo! Katie is retired! Danny sure is happy you have all this extra time now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're still supporting Jay!? How do we get in on that??

    Great pic of you and Dan! See you in a month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. May I also be supported:)? I am so glad that you have more time to play. We will certainly have fun!

    ReplyDelete